Sometimes you just need time off. While I realize I was away from blogging for a long time (a year!) I just needed some down time the last few weeks. Hopefully no one missed me.
So here is what went on…..
My grandfather passed away on the 14th. It was sad, but at the same time, I have to remember the following:
- He was given 6 months to live when he got back from the Korean War (over 50 years ago)
- He got to watch both his daughters grow up
- He survived a heart attack 17 years ago which killed the entire back wall of his heart…
- He survived 4 out of 5 son-in-laws (my sweet step-dad should be proud. My aunt needs to stop dating all-together).
- He watched his 8 living grandchildren grow up
- He saw most of us get married
- He met all of our children (8 great grandchildren and 1 step great grandchild)
- He successfully scared each of his children and all 8 grandchildren into being exceptional drivers. None of us have ever caused a serious accident!
- He proudly served his country in the US Army and completed his assignment
- He only broke one bone at my (DRY) wedding when he got drunk and fell in the parking lot.
Over all, we were REALLY lucky to have had him at all!
Beyond the obvious sadness associated with a death in the family, I just needed some time to relax. Depression is a funny thing. Having a death in the family can trigger deeper depressive emotions. Thankfully, I didn’t “spiral” and get even more depressed.
While closing my bakery was also a potential cause to really make my depression worse, I actually have been working at another business which is somewhat related to baking. I get to use a lot of the equipment I already have, and I can do it right out of my kitchen. Bill is helping to get the new setup installed, and hopefully I will be able to make the big reveal to you later this week!!! I’m really excited for this one.
I’m also plugging along working on “Literary Crazy” and interviewed this week for a staff writer job with a company responsible for veterinary websites! Cross fingers!