Book clubs are awesome! When you have children though, it can be hard to make it to book club, so I thought….”Why not start one here?” It will help me read more if I have a goal of posting a review each week.
Another problem with traditional book clubs besides actually making it to each meeting, is the selection of book doesn’t always please everyone. This said…here is how I would like to work this book club:
- I am committing to reading a book every week. On Monday I will post a review of the book I read.
- The opinion is my own.
- Each Monday, stop by to see what I read. Then use the comments section to tell everyone about what you read for the week.
- You are welcome to read and review books I’ve already read.
- I will TRY to post the book for the coming week at the end of the review.
- If you are an author, see the information below on how to get your book into the book club for me to read.
- Talia will also read children’s books! Until she can talk and give a thoughtful opinion, the review will be from me.
Hi! If you are interested in submitting a book for the Book Club, here is what you need to know!
- In general, I love historical fiction, literary, true crime, and biography. I am absolutely always looking for children’s books for Talia and will be happy to include those in my review from an adult perspective. As soon as Talia is old enough to talk and review books, I will inquire as to her level of interest in “Guest Blogging.”
- If you write western
- I am happy to read ARC’s, Galley Proofs, and Finished books. Picture books are welcome as a children’s book as well.
- I don’t read e-books because I LOVE to hold the book. It’s not you, it’s me!
- I will state the book was given to me with a request to review at the beginning of the post.
- I can’t guarantee I will review your book at any given time (i.e. in time for the release of the book) but I will try to do it ASAP. If necessary, I might review two in one day.
- I may talk about your book on Twitter, Facebook, Goodreads, or anywhere I see fit.
- Opinions are all my own.
- To submit a book, use the “Contact” page to tell me about the book and I will respond with an address for mailing.
- Please know I am HONORED to be asked to review your book!